You’re committed to finding things that actually work for your clients, so you practice based on the research. You’ve dedicated your training to make sure you’re actually able to help your clients and you want to continue to serve them in this way. You know “does this work in getting the client to their long-term goals?” is a more important question than “does this make people feel good during session?”
You’re passionate about serving the frum community and increasing access to evidence-based services.
You believe that the power of training new clinicians is enormous and can lead to a complete revolution in frum mental health care.
You’re interested in joining a practice that values work-life balance and offers flexibility in scheduling.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, where your opinion will be welcome, and you will get support to bring out the best in yourself. You want to be involved in training, supervising, and inspiring clinicians.
You’re ready to grow.
We’re a collection of clinicians who practice from a mental wellness framework, rather than a mental illness one. We deliver high-quality services that educate and empower our clients.
We support our clinicians in creating careers they love. We know that includes both a sense of balance and fulfillment.
We’re on a mission to change the way mental health is approached in the frum community. We hope you’ll join us.
The Role – Clinical Director
We are looking for a clinician with experience and training in evidence-based modalities who is committed to serving the frum community, is passionate about clinical training in evidence-based practice, is excited about CBT and DBT, and is ready to grow. Licensed mental health professionals with a drive for leadership are welcome to apply. We offer continued training as well as a collegial and stimulating environment. The position will include continued professional development in evidence-based modalities for work with children, adolescents, and adults with a range of mental health presentations.
The clinician would provide supervision and training as part of our training program and commitment to increasing access to evidence-based mental health treatments in the frum community.
The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in CBT and DBT.
Successful candidates will be willing to commit to the practice for a minimum of 2 years, have at least 1 year post-licensure experience, and have a willingness to work some evening/weekend hours. Flexible options for either part-time or full-time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Maintain a partial caseload (number depends on part-time/full-time)
● Co-lead at least 1 DBT skills group
● Supervise trainees and provide didactic trainings
● Lead our DBT consultation team and mentor new DBT trainees
● Oversee client progress, manage clinical dilemmas, and ensure quality care
● Be the first point of contact in clinical emergencies
● Make clinical policy decisions
● Maintain oversight of all clients in the practice
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Setting
● Must have access to high-speed internet and a private, professional space to conduct sessions
● Must be licensed to serve clients in at least one location - additional licensure preferred
● Excellent and highly professional interpersonal skills
● Experience and training in evidence-based modalities, preference for those with DBT experience
● Drive for leadership and creativity in provision of culturally appropriate services
● 1 week paid sick leave
● 2 weeks paid holidays (Pesach and Sukkos)
● $500 yearly professional development stipend (adjusted for part-time employees based on hours)
● Generous compensation as a W2 employee based on degree, licensure, and experience, with growth potential
● Malpractice insurance
● Marketing, billing, phone, EHR, HIPAA compliant telehealth platforms, and full administrative support
Applicants should fill out the form below and attach their cover letter addressed to Dr. Kobernick and their current Curriculum Vitae. A brief (~3-5 minute) recorded video introduction should be uploaded and include who you are, with whom you enjoy working, why you want to work at The CBT/DBT Center, and where you plan to do your virtual client work. References provided in the form will only be contacted after interviews are conducted.
Application review will commence immediately with invitations for interviews occurring on a rolling basis.
Please complete the form to apply for a position with us.
Want to learn more about us and what we do?