You’re dedicated to finding things that actually work for your clients, which is why you always want to learn more.
You have the foundations of good therapy, but you’re looking to build on them. You would appreciate training in therapies that are proven by research to work. Therapy techniques that will enable you to empower clients:
to overcome trauma
learn emotional regulation (no matter what obstacles they’re facing)
walk away from therapy not just feeling good, but equipped to live life better
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, where your opinion will be welcome, and you will get support to bring out the best in yourself.
You’re ready to grow.
We’re a collection of clinicians who practice from a mental wellness framework, rather than a mental illness one. We deliver high quality services that educate and empower our clients.
We support our clinicians in creating careers they love. We know that includes both a sense of balance and fulfillment.
We’re on a mission to change the way mental health is approached in the frum community. We hope you’ll join us.
The Role – Male Clinician
We are looking for a male clinician who is committed to serving the frum community, is passionate about clinical training in evidence-based practice, is excited about CBT and DBT, and is ready to grow. In this role, you’ll gain the skills you would get by pursuing more education through on-the-job training.
Instead of paying for training in treatments that are proven to work, you’ll learn them for free. Additionally, you’ll have the chance to practice in an environment with expert support.
Facing a tough case and unsure of how to best help? You’ll have supervision and guidance.
Wanting to advance in your career, but feeling stuck? You’ll get professional and clinical development.
Aspiring to give your clients the best, but feeling gaps in your toolbox? You’ll learn therapies that help across the board.
Successful candidates will be willing to commit to the practice for 2 years and have a willingness to work some evening/weekend hours. Flexible options for either part-time or full-time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Maintain a full caseload of ~20 clients (number depends on part-time/full-time status)
● Co-lead at least 1 DBT skills group
● Co-lead 1-2 other therapy groups
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Setting
● Must have access to high-speed internet and a private, professional space to conduct sessions
● Must be able to serve clients in NY, NJ, or Israel
● Excellent and highly professional interpersonal skills - in person, via zoom and by phone
● Capability of providing culturally appropriate services
● Able to commit to completing DBT Foundational training within 6 months of hire if not already intensively trained
● 1 week paid sick leave
● 2 weeks paid holidays (Pesach and Sukkos)
● $500 yearly professional development stipend (adjusted if not full-time)
● Generous compensation as a W2 employee based on degree, licensure, and experience, with growth potential
● Malpractice insurance
● Marketing, billing, phone, EHR, HIPAA compliant telehealth platforms, and full administrative support
Applicants should fill out the form below and attach their cover letter addressed to Dr. Kobernick and their current Curriculum Vitae. A brief (~3-5 minute) recorded video introduction should be uploaded and include who you are, with whom you enjoy working, why you want to work at The CBT/DBT Center, and where you plan to do your virtual client work. References provided in the form will only be contacted after interviews are conducted.
Application review will commence immediately with invitations for interviews occurring on a rolling basis.
Please complete the form to apply for a position with us.
Want to learn more about us and what we do?