You’re dedicated to finding things that actually work for your clients, so you practice based on the research. You’ve dedicated your training to make sure you’re actually able to help your clients and you want to continue to serve them in this way. You know “does this work in getting the client to their long-term goals?” is a more important question than “does this make people feel good during session?”
You’re passionate about serving the frum community and increasing access to evidence-based services for frum men.
You’re committed to evidence-based practice.
You always want to learn more. You’re thirsty for training.
You’re interested in joining a practice that values work-life balance and offers flexibility in scheduling.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, where your opinion will be welcome, and you will get support to bring out the best in yourself.
You’re ready to grow.
We’re a collection of clinicians who practice from a mental wellness framework, rather than a mental illness one. We deliver high quality services that educate and empower our clients.
We support postdoctoral fellows in creating careers they love. We know that includes both a sense of balance and fulfillment.
We’re on a mission to change the way mental health is approached in the frum community. We hope you’ll join us.
The Role – Postdoctoral Fellow
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Fellow who is excited about CBT and DBT. The position will include training and supervision in evidence-based modalities for work with frum children, teens, and adults with a range of mental health presentations.
Fellows conduct individual, family, and group therapy, and co-lead one or more DBT skills groups and/or CBT groups. Fellows receive individual supervision, attend weekly consultation team, participate in didactic seminars, and have the option to add topic-specific supervisions as needed. Fellows also supervise lower-level trainees, and receive supervision and training as supervisors.
The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in CBT. Experience or interest in DBT is highly desirable.
Successful candidates will be willing to commit to the practice for 2 years and have a willingness to work some evening/weekend hours. Flexible options for either part-time or full-time.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Maintain a full caseload of ~20 clients
● Co-lead at least 1 DBT skills group
● Co-lead 1-2 other therapy groups
● Possibility for supervising trainees
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Setting
● Must have access to high-speed internet and a private, professional space to conduct sessions
● Must be able to serve clients in NY or NJ
● Excellent and highly professional interpersonal skills - in person, via zoom and by phone
● Drive to work independently and yet to seek support and feedback as needed
● Capable of providing culturally appropriate services
● Able to commit to completing DBT Foundational training within 6 months of hire if not already intensively trained
● 1 week paid sick leave
● 2 weeks paid holidays (Pesach and Sukkos)
● $500 yearly professional development stipend
● Generous compensation as a W2 employee based on degree, licensure, and experience, with growth potential
● Malpractice insurance
● Marketing, billing, phone, EHR, HIPAA compliant telehealth platforms, and full administrative support
Applicants should fill out the form below and attach their cover letter addressed to Dr. Kobernick and their current Curriculum Vitae. A brief (~3-5 minute) recorded video introduction should be uploaded and include who you are, with whom you enjoy working, why you want to work at The CBT/DBT Center, and where you plan to do your virtual client work. References provided in the form will only be contacted after interviews are conducted.
Application review will commence immediately with invitations for interviews occurring on a rolling basis.
Please complete the form to apply for a position with us.